Level II Program Selection
Your Step-by-Step Guide to Level II Program Selection:
STEP 1: Learn More About Level II Program Options
View the McMaster Academic Planner (M.A.P.) for the Faculty of Science:
Did you miss the "What to do in Level II" Programs Fair? Please see the following PDF documents to learn more about the programs offered by each Department/School:
STEP 2: Apply to Your Level II Programs
Beginning April 2nd, 2018 via MOSAIC, apply to your 2018-2019 Fall/Winter programs. Simply, use your MacID to log-in to Mosaic.
- Click the "Student Center" tab
- Click the "My Academics" link
- Click "Program/Plan Application" link
The deadline to submit your application is
April 27th 2018
(at midnight, SHARP!)
- Rank the order of your program choices carefully.
- If you are admitted to your FIRST choice program, you will NOT be evaluated for any other program selections.
- If you are NOT admitted to your first choice, then you will be evaluated for your second choice, third choice, and so on.
- You may apply to a maximum of four programs.
- If you do not meet the requirements for your preferred program, speak to an academic advisor about shadowing the program.
STEP 3: View Your Program
- Science students in Level I Gateway programs can apply to up to 4 Honours programs at the end of Level I.
- Admission to an Honours program is based on the completion of all required courses and attaining the appropriate cumulative grade point average (GPA) for that program during the Fall and Winter terms. The admission average for limited enrollment programs changes every year based on the number of applicants and their GPAs; the admission average for non-limited enrollment programs is 5.0.
- At the end of their first year, students apply to a maximum of 4 Level II Honours programs. Students are offered admission to the highest ranked program for which they qualify.