Faculty of Science Profile
- 6,700 graduate and undergraduate students enrolled in 8 departments and schools
- 14 different science co-op programs
- 300 co-operative education and graduate students placed with industry each year
- 180 full time faculty across the Faculty
- $31 million in Faculty's annual research revenues
- 16 Canada Research Chairs (CRCs)
- Over 40 Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) John R. Evans Leaders Fund projects
- 18 current Ontario Early Research Awards (ERA) holders
- 250,000 square feet dedicated to research and educational activities spread across 15 campus buildings and off campus locations
- Innovative facilities such as the Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research, the Biointerfaces Institute, McMaster's Nuclear Reactor and the McMaster Institute for Music and the Mind, home of the LIVELab.
- Collaborative relationships with researchers in over 32 countries spanning 6 continents
- Over 23,000 alumni with 19,722 undergraduate degrees granted and 3,900 graduate degrees granted and counting
- Past Deans of the Faculty
For more information on Level 1 programs and the Faculty at large, check out the McMaster Academic Planner for the Faculty of Science, or MAP, our new online resource for planning, program selection and more facts about the Faculty.