Ayesha Khan, Ph.D.
  Assistant Professor
  Department of Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour
  Life Sciences Program
  Office: Psychology Building (PC), Rm 107
  Appointment via https://doodle.com/ayeshakhan

FB-f-Logo  blue 50          Twitter logo blue

Background:

I have a Ph.D. in behavioural neuroendocrinology during which I investigated the influence of in utero, dietary, and social factors on time to sexual maturity in developing females. This work is published in journals such as Reproduction, Physiology & Behavior, Reproduction, Fertility and Development, Hormones and Behavior, and Hormone and Metabolic Research.

Teaching:

My passion for teaching is driven by my interactions with the enthusiastic and inquisitive students I meet on a regular basis. I teach a variety of courses covering topics such as animal behaviour, the physiology and endocrinology of reproductive behaviour, and neuropsychology (see complete list below).

Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour
PNB 4SC6: Science Communication

Psychology
PSYCH 2NF3: Basic & Clinical Neuroscience
PSYCH 2GG3: Learning, Measuring, and Shaping Behaviour

Life Sciences
LIFESCI 2D03: Behavioural Processes
LIFESCI 3E03: Reproductive Endocrinology
LIFESCI 4X03: The Biopsychology of Sex

Student Meeting Request: https://doodle.com/ayeshakhan

Current Research:

My research interests explore ways through which the undergraduate student experience is enhanced by incorporating experiential education in large enrollment courses. As part of a multi-institutional initiative, I am also investigating the impact of the newly implemented Fall Break on student mental health. I have received funding from the Forward With Integrity Initiative at McMaster University to create an online strategy to disseminate information about community-engaged education for Instructors on McMaster campus and beyond. I am a Research Fellow at the McMaster Institute for Innovation and Excellence in Teaching and Learning (MIIETL) and am in current collaboration with this institute to investigate the impact of community-engaged education on academic engagement and development in undergraduate students.

My research questions investigate:

1. The influence of community engaged education on student development.
2. Changes in stress hormones due to a mid-semester break in university students.                       
3. Practical uses of e-Portfolio technology to enhance reflective thinking and student engagement.

Contact Department

Department of Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour (PNB)
Psychology Building (PC), Room 102
McMaster University
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton Ontario L8S 4K1
Canada