Assessing the BioPharm Thesis Defence
While listening to the presentations, the examiners will ask themselves the following questions and then allot an overall mark:
- Did the student give a brief succinct outline of the study proposed?
- Were the objectives of the study clearly stated?
- Did the student explain clearly why the particular approach(es) were taken?
- Did the student state what she/he expected to find using the approaches defined?
- Did the student appear to understand the conceptual basis of the approach(es) used?
- Did the student know the strengths/weaknesses of the approach(es) used?
- Were the statistical tests appropriate?
- Were the results presented clearly (important issues highlighted?)
- Did the student explain clearly the significance of the results obtained?
- Was the student able to give reasons for failure of a particular approach (may/may not occur)?
- Was the student able to suggest further avenues for exploration?