Why Choose BioPharm?
Honours Biology and Pharmacology is the longest-standing undergraduate co-operative education program at McMaster University. It began over 20 years ago to provide students with comprehensive interdisciplinary knowledge of Biology and Pharmacology. The BioPharm program at McMaster prides itself on the quality of its graduates both in their practical skills and theoretical knowledge.
Join Our Program!
There are many aspects of the program that set it apart:
- Limited enrollment to twenty students per year
- High instructor to student ratios in both tutorial and lab courses
- Problem based learning: self directed approach to researching and learning about many aspects of Pharmacology
- Up to 12 months of coop experience in major areas such as academia, government and pharmaceutical industries
- 9 unit senior thesis can be combined with work terms and may be conducted outside of McMaster University
- Possibility to develop professional networking through work terms with coop supervisors and program instructors
- Fully paid coop placements
- Excellent preparation for graduate or professional schools and the job market
Entry into the program is based on academic and other achievements, with a minimum cumulative average of 6.0 required. Students are admitted into the program following submission of an online application and a successful interview. There are twenty seats available in the program annually.
The Undergraduate Calendar provides detailed information regarding prerequisite courses for Honours Biology and Pharmacology program. They are listed below as well:
- 3 units BIOLOGY 2A03
- 3 units BIOLOGY 2C03 or MOL BIOL 2C03
- 6 units CHEM 2OA3, 2OB3
- 6 units from BIOLOGY 2B03, 2D03, 2EE3, 2F03, CHEM BIO 2A03, 2P03
- 1 course SCIENCE 2C00*
* Note that SCIENCE 2C00 may be completed during third year studies.
Inquiries about prerequisites should be directed to email@example.com. Note that if there is a discrepancy between the information here and that found in the the official undergraduate calendar, then the calendar takes precedence.
Please see the SCCE website for more details.