Home

Program Overview
The 3-yr BA Psychology program was designed with a more applied focus than the research-oriented focus of our Honours BA PNB programs offering a series of courses tailored specifically for this program – child development, abnormal psychology, personality, social psychology, learning and measuring behaviour, adolescent psychology, human sexuality, aging, attitudes and persuasion, positive psychology, and intergroup relations. The types of entry-level jobs for which undergraduate psychology majors are typically prepared are those that use "people skills" (e.g., communicating with and relating to individuals from diverse backgrounds as is required for case workers, counsellor’s aides, and in sales, marketing, personnel, and management positions), analytical skills (e.g., figuring out why a certain problem occurs and how to minimize or eliminate it), writing skills (e.g., writing a logically developed report), and research skills (e.g., using statistics, tables, and graphs to analyze problems and communicate relevant findings).  These skills can be used in a wide variety of work settings such as human services, business, criminal justice, health and recreation, and education.  

ADMISSION
Completion of any Level I program with a Grade Point Average of at least 3.5 including:
3 units    PSYCH 1X03 or PSYCH 1F03 with a grade of at least C-

NOTES
1.    One of MATH 1A03, 1F03, 1K03, 1LS3 or 1M03 must be completed by the end of Level II.  Completion in Level I is recommended.
2.    SOC SCI 2J03 must be completed by the end of Level II
3.    PSYCH 1XX3 and one of BIOLOGY 1A03, 1M03 or 1P03 or Grade 12 Bio U are recommended and serve as prerequisites for some upper-level Psychology courses.  Students are encouraged to check prerequisites carefully.
4. Students wishing to take PNB 3Q03 and 3QQ3 must complete and submit a pre-registration ballot by mid February.  Students will be informed of the outcome by mid March.  Specific dates will be announced during the Fall term.  Ballots can be obtained on the Department of Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour web site at: http://pnb.mcmaster.ca/

PSYCHOLOGY COURSE LIST 1
LINGUIST 2PS3, 3C03; PNB 3Q03 A/B, S, 3QQ3 A/B, S; PSYCH 2AA3, 2AP3, 2B03, 2C03, 2GG3, 3AB3, 3AC3, 3AG3, 3B03, 3BA3, 3C03, 3CB3, 3CC3, 3CD3, 3F03, 3FA3, 3M03, 3MT3, 3T03, 3UU3, 3VV3

REQUIREMENTS
90 units total (Levels I to III), of which 42 units may be Level I

LEVEL I:  30 UNITS (See Admission)

LEVEL II: 30 UNITS
3 units     SOC SCI 2J03 (Statistics) (See Note 2)
9 units     Level II Psychology where at least six units must be from PSYCH 2AA3 (Child Develop), 2AP3 (Abnormal Psychology), 2B03 (Personality), 2C03 (Social Psych), 2GG3 (Learning, Measuring & Shaping Behaviour)
0-3 units    from MATH 1A03, 1F03, 1K03, 1LS3, 1M03 (See Note 1)
9-12 units     Electives, excluding Psychology
6 units     Electives    

LEVEL III: 30 UNITS
12 units     from Course List I, of which at least nine units must be from Level III
12 units     Electives, excluding Psychology     
6 units     Electives  

Upcoming Events

info :
Published menu link to the component iCagenda not found!
No upcoming event!

Contact Department

Department of Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour (PNB)
Psychology Building (PC), Room 102
McMaster University
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton Ontario L8S 4K1
Canada