- ECON 1B03 – Introductory Microeconomics – Introductory Microeconomics
- ECON 2CC3 – Health Economics and its application to Health Policy – Health Economics and its application to Health Policy
- ECON 2Z03 – Intermediate Microeconomics I – Intermediate Microeconomics I
- ECON 3Z03 – Health Economics – Health Economics
- There are two journeys through this pathway starting in level I, with supplementary courses along the way.
- Journey one begins with ECON 1B03 in level I, which leads to ECON 2Z03 in level II, which leads to ECON 3Z03 in level III.
- Journey two begins with PSYCH 1X03 in level I, which leads to PSYCH 2C03 in level II, which leads to PSYCH 3CB3 in level III.
- The following can be taken as independent courses in level I: INNOVATE 1X03, INNOVATE 1Z03 and COMM 1BA3.
- The following can be taken as independent courses in level II: ECON 2CC3, PHILOS 2N03 and PHILOS 2YY3.
- The following can be taken as independent courses in level III: INNOVATE 3X03, HTHSCI 3QA3, SUSTAIN 3S03 and HUMAN 3LM3. The latter two courses satisfy the Experiential requirement for the Life Sciences Program.
- Finally, HTHSCI 4ID3 can be taken as an independent course in level IV.
Sample Transcript – Health Management
Below is an example of what your transcript might look like if you pursue the Health Management pathway. The transcript includes all Life Sciences program requirements as well as 12 courses from the Health Management pathway.
|Course List A: Communication Skills|
|Course List B: Laboratory Skills|
|Course List C: Experiential Learning|
|Course List D: Life Sciences Course List (LSCL)|
|Course List E: Knowledge Transfer/Seminar|
|Health Management Pathway|
|BIOLOGY 1A03 – Cellular and Molecular Biology||1||1|
|CHEM 1A03 – Introductory Chemistry I||1||1|
|MATH 1LS3 – Calculus for Life Sciences I||1||1|
|PSYCH 1X03 – Introduction to Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour||1||1|
|INNOVATE 1X03 – The World of Entrepreneurship||1||1||Health Management Pathway|
|ECON 1B03 – Introductory Microeconomics||1||2||Health Management Pathway|
|CHEM 1AA3 – Introductory Chemistry II||1||2|
|PHYSICS 1A03 – Introductory Physics||1||2|
|PSYCH 1XX3 – Foundations of Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour||1||2|
|BIOLOGY 1M03 – Biology, Evolution and Humanity||1||2|
|LIFESCI 2A03 – Research Methods in Life Sciences||2||1|
|LIFESCI 2L03 – Living Systems Laboratory||2||1|
|BIOLOGY 2B03 – Cell Biology||2||1|
|COMM 1BA3 – Organizational Behaviour (E)||2||1||Health Management Pathway|
|PHILOS 2YY3 - Ethics (E)||2||1||Health Management Pathway|
|LIFESCI 2AA3 – Introduction to Topics in Life Sciences||2||2|
|BIOLOGY 2C03 – Genetics||2||2|
|ECON 2CC3 – Health Economics and Its Applications to Health Policy (E)||2||2||Health Management Pathway|
|ECON 2Z03 – Intermediate Microeconomics I(E)||2||2||Health Management Pathway|
|PSYCH 2C03 – Social Psychology (LSCL)||3||1||Health Management Pathway|
|PSYCH 3MT3 - Psychometrics||3||1|
|STATS 2B03 – Statistical Methods for Science||3||1|
|ECON 3Z03 – Health Economics (E)||3||1||Health Management Pathway|
|LIFESCI 3L03 – Laboratory Methods in Life Sciences||3||2||Course List B: Laboratory Skills|
|LIFESCI 3N03 – Nutritional Toxicology||3||2||Course List A: Communication Skills|
|HTHSCI 3QA3 – Qualitative Research Methods in Health||3||2||Health Management Pathway|
|Life Sciences Course List||3||2||Course List D: Life Sciences Course List (LSCL)|
|HTHSCI 4ID3 – Innovation by Design (LSCL)||4||1||Health Management Pathway|
|LIFESCI 4K03 – Research Seminar||4||1||Course List E: Knowledge Transfer/Seminar|
|PSYCH 3CB3 – Attitudes and Persuasion (LSCL)||4||1||Health Management Pathway|
|Life Sciences Course List||4||1||Course List D: Life Sciences Course List (LSCL)|
|SUSTAIN 3S03 – Implementing Sustainable Change||4||2||Health Management Pathway|
|LIFESCI 3Q03 – Global Human Health and Disease (LSCL)||4||2||Course List A: Communication Skills|
|LIFESCI 3XX3 – Peer Mentoring in Science Communication (E)||4||2||Course List C: Experiential Learning|
Sample Experiential Courses
- Placement Examples: Student Wellness Centre
- Research Examples:
- McMaster DECA U
- McMaster Rotaract Club "Rotaract" stands for "Rotary in Action"
- Enactus McMaster
- Association of Speakers
- Circle K McMaster
- DeGroote Human Resources
- Association McMaster Artificial intelligence Society
In the community
- The Forge
- People and Resources Navigator at Brant Community Healthcare System