Science & Law
- ANTHROP 1AB3 – Introduction to Anthropology: Race, Religion & Conflict
- ANTHROP 3FA3 – Forensic Anthropology
- PSYCH 1X03 – Introduction to Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour
- PSYCH 1XX3 – Foundations in Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour
- PSYCH 2AP3 – Abnormal Psychology: Fundamentals & Major Disorders
- PSYCH 2B03 – Personality
- PSYCH 3CC3 – Forensic Psychology
- SOCWORK 1AA3 – So You Think You Can Help? Intro to Social Work I
- SOCWORK 1BB3 – Re-Imagining Help: Introduction to Social Work II
- SOCWORK 4J03 – Social Change: Movements and Advocacy
- PHILOS 2D03 – Bioethics
- PHILOS 3C03 – Advanced Bioethics
- LINGUIST 2FL3 – Introduction to Forensic Linguistics
- ENVSOCTY 3EG3 / POLSCI 3GC3 – Global Climate Change
- HTHAGE 3R03 – Health Inequalities
- HTHAGE 3S03 – Global Health and Environment Policy
- PEACEST 3B03 – Peace-Building and Health Initiatives
- HTHSCI 4LD3 – Global Health Governance, Law and Politics
- HTHSCI 4ZZ3 – Global Health Advocacy
- There are four journeys through this pathway starting in level I, with supplementary courses along the way.
- Journey one begins with ANTHROP 1AB3 in level I, which leads to ANTHROP 3FA3 in level III.
- Journey two begins with PSYCH 1F03, 1N03 or 1X03 in level I, which leads to PSYCH 2AP3 and PSYCH 2B03 in level II. PSYCH 2AP3 and PSYCH 2B03 together lead to PSYCH 3CC3.
- Journey three begins with SOCWORK 1AA3 or SOCWORK 1BB3 in level I, which leads to SOCWORK 4J03 in level IV.
- Journey four begins with PHILOS 2D03 in level II, which leads to PHILOS 3C03 in level III.
- LINGUIST 2FL3 can be taken as an independent course in level II.
- The following can be taken as independent courses in level III: PEACEST 3B03, HLTHAGE 3R03, HLTHAGE 3S03 and ENVSOCTY 3EG3 (which is cross-listed with POLSCI 3GC3).
- The following can be taken as independent courses in level IV: HTHSCI 4ZZ3 and HTHSCI 4LD3.
Below is an example of what your transcript might look like if you pursue the Science and Law pathway. The transcript includes all Life Sciences program requirements as well as 16 courses from the Science and Law pathway.
Sample Experiential Courses
- Placement Examples: Good Shepherd, law firm, City of Hamilton
- Research Examples: Canadian Institute for Genomics and Society, Department of Health Research Methods, Evidence & Impact, UNIWEH.
- McMaster Undergraduate Journal of Law and Politics
- McMaster Global Public Health Brigades
- Student International Health Initiatives
- Sciential Journal
Within the Community
- ITLOS: International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea Internship
- UNESCO internship
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change